Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Outer Banks

Ahhh, the Outer Banks. We were so lucky to spend a wonderful week there with David's parents as well as his sister Liz and her husband Jason. What a beautiful place! David and I are trying to figure out how we can move there, we loved it that much. Anyway, we arrived on a Saturday after an 8 hour drive through massive amounts of traffic. I count Sunday as our official first day of vacation and it didn't start out that well. Savannah woke up not feeling so well so she and I ended up spending the morning in the condo. It was definitely hard having the beach so close and yet not being able to go there. My poor little Savannah had a nasty stomach bug; Xander caught it as well later that afternoon. Thank goodness it didn't stick around very long. Despite a tough start the rest of the week was absolutely wonderful. In the next few entries I have posted some favorite photos as well as memories of each day.

Day 1 - Sunday
Weather - Sunny, hot, and very, VERY windy in the afternoon
My poor sick girl.

Xander attempted boogie-boarding with Uncle Jason...it didn't turn out so well.


Poor Uncle Jason...boy, was he patient.

I finally made it to the beach in the afternoon but a massive sandstorm hit and we were forced to head inside.
Xander completely wrapped up head to toe in a towel as he braved the stinging sand in the storm.
Quality time with my babe.

Celebrating Father's Day.
The kids singing "I'm So Glad When Daddy comes Home".

1 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun Tracie! We went to the obx for thanksgiving last year and loved it! even in the cold it was beautiful and fun!