Thursday, July 9, 2009

Savannah Turns 7!

This year Savannah wanted an Egyptian birthday party so I very happily complied with her request. My love of Ancient Egypt has apparently rubbed off on Savannah. I had a really great time preparing for this party although it was very difficult at times finding Egyptian-themed decorations and prizes. I had to get a bit creative! The best thing about the party, though, was I got to pull out an old Halloween costume and dress up as Nefertiti.
As the girls arrived we had them color Egyptian collars and I put some make-up on them to make them look more "Egyptian"...think Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra.


I then told the girls that I had lost the location of my son's tomb, the great Pharoah Tutankamun. We would be participating in different games and crafts that would provide us with clues that would lead us to the tomb's location. Some things we did at the party were the snake hunt,

making crocodile charm bracelets,

walking like Egyptians,

learning about mummification and then playing the mummy wrap game,


playing pass the asp, writing hieroglyphs on the wall of Cleopatra's tomb,

and making cartouche necklaces.

After gathering all the clues, the girls entered the tomb of Tutankamun which happened to be in our basement. There they found great treasure (their goodie bags) as well as King Tut's sarcophagus which they each got to pose behind.


Me and the birthday girl.

This year's party was a great success and definitely a lot of fun!

The day after the party was Savannah's birthday. It's hard to believe that my little girl is 7 years old!

7 things I love about my Savannah:
1. her laugh
2. her love of stories
3. all the cards, notes, and pictures she makes for me on a daily basis
4. her desire to follow the Savior
5. she is such an obedient little girl
6. her great back massages
7. that she still loves to cuddle

Birthday morning balloons.

Opening presents.


Savannah's favorite gift...her purple Ipod.



Savannah's Favorites at 7:
Color: purple
Food: tilapia
Movie: Cats and Dogs, all Barbie movies
Book: Junie B. Jones Sneaky Peaky Spying
Toy: Barbie
Animal: dogs and dolphins
Sport: basketball and soccer
Thing to Do: draw and color
Fruit: watermelon
Vegetable: Broccoli
Music: Twilight Soundtrack
Holiday: Christmas
Candy: chocolate
Dessert: Ice Cream
Season: spring
Restaurant: Chilis
Temple: Salt Lake
Place to go: the beach
Scripture Hero: Nephi
What she wants to be when she grows up: a dophin trainer and a mom
Best Friends: Natalie and Mackenzie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! So, that was the most creative party I have ever heard of!! You are awesome Tracie!! It looks like it was a blast! Happy Birthday to Savannah... it really is hard to believe she is 7. I keep picturing her as the 3 year old who Grandpa Pierce had sneak some frosting off our wedding cake!! :)

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Tracie, you are so creative and it looks like everyone at Savannah's party had a great time. I can't believe that she's 7! Time does just seem to fly. Give her a big hug from her uncle Bryan (and also Xander and Noah).

Catherine said...

Wow, you really went all out for the party! Happy Birthday Savannah!

Sommer said...

You are amazing!!!