Saturday, July 18, 2009

Medieval Times

Ever since I saw an advertisement I have wanted to take Xander and Savannah to Medieval Times. David and I went to something similar at the Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas years ago and had such a great time. So, while David's parents were here we decided to take advantage of the great deal they were running. (Poor Noah got left at home with a babysitter.)
When I told Savannah and Xander that we would be going to a dinner and show where we would see knights jousting they decided to dress the part. They both looked so cute.


We had a four course dinner that we ate with our hands...chicken, ribs, potato...it was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the apple pastry dessert!

We got each of the kids a little red flag that they could wave whenever our knight was performing. Here is a picture of our knight...the Red and Gold Knight!

Several times during the performance each knight throws flowers into the audience to the ladies of his choice...and guess who one of those little ladies was? That's right, our cute Savannah. She was cheering so loudly and was so hopeful... boy, was I happy when I saw the knight look her way and throw the flower right to her.

We got to meet the performers after the show. Although Savannah liked our knight, especially after he threw her a flower, our favorite ended up being the Green Knight who was the bad guy in the show. Maybe Xander is rubbing off on us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I went to the one in Vegas like 9 years ago. It is definitely one of those things you gotta try once! :D

mary said...

That looks like so much fun. I always thought the kids would enjoy something like that, but now we don't live near one. I love the cute pictures!

Catherine said...

Lucky Savannah! I wanted so bad to get a flower, but no luck for me, probably b/c I was too old and sitting next to my hubby!

HeavenlyHome said...

One of our favorite spots...can't beat the B1G1 deal---or the adorable faces filled with so much JOY!!! Go red night!

Sommer said...

awww man that sounds so fun, I've always wanted to go and now I just want to go even more!