Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time Flies

Time truly does fly...especially when your computer is kaput! My dear, wonderful computer was laid to rest the beginning of June and has not been replaced so far. Thank goodness David finally agreed to let me put some pictures on his computer thus enabling me to update my blog. Since my blog is not only for entertainment purposes but is in reality my computer-style journal, I feel a desperate need to recap what has been going on in the Pierce household the past month and a half. Over the next few days I will bring everyone up to speed.
To start with, Savannah ended her school year with a bang! Two days before school let out the first grade celebrated the end of the school year with a picnic. I got to bring Savannah lunch and hang out with her and her classmates for a few hours.


After the eating and games, we headed into the classroom to listen to each student's story he or she had written. Savannah wrote a brilliant story about a lost dog.

Savannah and her fabulous first-grade teacher, Ms. Carpenter.

The day before school got out Heidi and McKenna arrived for a 4 day visit. They came out to be with us but most importantly to be here for Savannah's birthday and her party. I can't even say how wonderful it was to have them here. I love my sisters so much and am so happy for the times that we can get together. Savannah, McKenna, and Xander had a ball running around together. I can't wait for the end of July when we'll get to visit with them again.



The Twilight girls.

The last day of school!

Savannah got out at 12:30 so we headed out to Red Robin for a celebratory lunch.

Later that afternoon Savannah had her last Keepers meeting until the fall. Catherine Washburn put on a beautiful croquet party. The girls came in flowy dresses, hats, and gloves, and after learning how to play croquet, they munched on cucumber sandwiches and drank kool-aid. It was a lot of fun for Savannah, especially since McKenna got to go with her.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your computer!! I was wondering if you had abandoned your blog.
I love the pics of the kids! I have to say my fave is the one of them all laying in the clover!! That is great! I can't wait for more stories and pics of what has been going on!! I hope you got some good ones of the recent Pierce vacation... especially since we weren't able to come!! Glad you guys are all doing well!! :D

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I am so glad that you were able to update your blog! I love seeing the pics of my nieces and nephews! Give everyone a big hug for me. And keep up with the blogging. Hopefully you'll have your own laptop soon!

HeavenlyHome said...

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!
I'm so smiling!!!!