Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Aquarium

The Aquarium was the last of the "big three" that we always go to when we visit. Like the Children's Museum and the zoo, Cincinnati has a really great aquarium. There are tons of fascinating exhibits, including one of my favorites - the jellyfish - plus several interactive stations where the kids can do some touching and feeding.
We got to the aquarium a little early so the kids could see the penguins that they march onto the plaza. Turns out that it wasn't that exciting but the kids did get to meet Mr. Penguin.



A picture of me just to show that I really do attend these places with my kids.

The whole gang in front of the piranha tank. I really wanted to make it back to this exhibit for feeding time but it was just too crowded.



The kids LOVE feeding the birds the nectar although we all had to be careful...some of the birds like to bite!



Petting the sharks.

4 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I am just so jealous that I didn't get to be there! I love seeing all of the photos and all of my adorable nieces and nephews. I'm sure that all of you had a great time. And come on, tell the truth; the aquarium is in Kentucky! Haha, I know how wierd that is! The Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky as well. Goes to show what a wierd place it really is.

Sommer said...

wow those are some great pictures!!!! That aquarium looks way better then the one in Baltimore, I was just there on Friday.

HeavenlyHome said...

Holy Smokes....I'm nearly worn out from your vacation!!! Way to live it up!!!

The Clark Family said...

What a fun trip. Why do I always have to look so weird? I hate when you post pics of me because I can't control the ones you do put up. Case in point, see how many pics of myself I put up on my own blog. Somehow I always look way weird! But it was fun even with the lead off being that lame penguin "march!"