Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Reading

Every summer the kids participate in the Summer Reading Program at our library. This year was the first year that Savannah was a part of the "I Can Read" group. To earn her free book she had to read 10 books...that was nothing to her. She quickly accomplished that goal and off we headed to the library for her certificate and book.

For Xander it took a week longer to get the 25 books read to him in order for him to get his free book.

Noah didn't participate this year although, as you can see from the picture below, he is a reader as well. He loves to look through stacks of books and does bring a book to lunch from time to time.

3 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Tracie, I can't believe how big the kids are!! Noah is so adorable and I just love all three of your kids so much. I am glad that they have been given such a desire for knowledge and for expanding their minds by reading!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great activity!! I LOVE to read, and I think it is because my Mom had me read so much while I was really young, and she always read to us. I think reading is so important throughout our life. Whether for leisure, or study, it exercises our brain, and helps us grow!! Way to go kids, you are always doing things to make Uncle Dan and I proud of you!! :)

HeavenlyHome said...

I think I recongnize Thomas the Tank book with Noah....some things you jsut don't forget!