Monday, August 10, 2009

The Cincinnati Zoo is also a "must-see" when we visit.

We all have our favorites: mine is the gorilla exhibit which is absolutely fabulous at this zoo; Savannah loves the big cats, Xander always wants to see the alligators and giraffes, and Noah seemed to really like the elephants.

This snow leopard plopped down in front of the window which was exciting for all of us to see him so up close. As soon as we walked away, he got up and went back to his mountain perch. It's almost like he came down just to get a better look at us...we're all so interesting to look at, ya know.

Of course the kids always have to ride the carousel.


It was so fun to see the 4 little tigers cubs.

And what trip to the zoo is complete without a ride on the train...it's the kids' favorite thing to do.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I have decided that every zoo besides ours here in Utah is a must see. I love the pics you got of the exhibits!! The swimming polar bear was pretty cool. I will admit though, since they have changed a few of the exhibits, it has gotten better here, and there is a bunch of excitement because 3 of the main exhibits are having new babies. The snow leopard had a baby, a giraffe had a baby, and one of the elephants is due any day!! I think the zoo overall is more fun when you take kids though. I always go to those kinds of things thinking I am going to be so impressed like when I was little, then I get disappointed. I am glad you are all having a good time!!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Well, I don't really like zoos (or at least the idea of zoos) but I do have to say that some animals have been saved because of captivity. But it looks like your kids and Heidi and her kids had a great time, as usual. I wish I could have been there to share in their joy around animals. You know me: I believe that animals are quite majestic, beautiful and fascinating. Hopefully I can go with your gang next time!

HeavenlyHome said...

The zoo is always a favorite! I love Xander in the snake head...and Noah looks huge with all the cousins! Live it up, these visits are such blessings!

The Clark Family said...

Bryan doesn't like the zoo? That is news to me! JK Bry. Anyway, we had such a great time with you guys! The zoo was fun even though I am like bursting at the seams and walking around for 3 hours is hardly what I would call a fun time for me!