Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Enchanted Forest


The last time we visited The Enchanted Forest was when Noah was a baby so I figured it was time to pay this fun little place a visit. We went with my friend Lenae and her daughter Abby and we just had the best time. At least 5 separate times Xander said to me, "Thank you so much, Mommy, for bringing us here."

We wandered around for awhile looking at all the many nursery rhyme statues and homes. They have the home of the three bears with Goldilocks sleeping in Baby Bear's bed, Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, the little old woman who lived in a shoe plus several more.


The we spent about 45 minutes wandering through a maze where we found the home of the three fairies where Sleeping Beauty grew up, the ugly duckling, Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house, Little Red Riding Hood, and many more. It was fun to recite the nursery rhymes to the boys as we came upon each story (though to be honest I couldn't remember all of them). Seeing all the statues was fun but I think the boys especially loved wandering through all the different pathways in the maze.

Xander's favorite is Jack and the Beanstalk so he was extremely excited to find that they had it there. He tried to climb the beanstalk but didn't get too far.

And then there were the pony rides! The boys loved taking a ride on Captain Jack!


We finished up our time at the Enchanted Forest with the petting farm. There were goats, sheep, horses, a cow, some cute little piggies, rabbits, and chickens.


Definitely a fun day!

3 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Looks like a great day Trace! The boys look like they had a blast, and what a creative way to have fun with those characters and the live animals as well. I cannot wait to see you and your fam very soon!

Catherine said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Apparently I've been there when I was little, my cousin is obsessed with it. I can't wait to have kids to take there!

Sommer said...

These are great picture Tracie! I'm glad you all had fun. I've never done the maze but I will for sure whenever we go back, it looks so fun!