Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Fun


We had such a fun Memorial Day! It started bright and early at the Ward Memorial Day breakfast where we enjoyed delicious food, great company, and even some games for the kids.
Xander in the spoon race.

Noah hanging out with his buddy Brandon.

Savannah didn't waste any time getting the water fight started! She had been looking forward to this for months.

Noah the ham.

Savannah has a major crush on this young man in our ward and I had a hard time getting her to leave him alone. At least he is a good sport about her young love.

Once again Savannah left the ward party drenched!

We came home around noon, had some lunch, hung out for a bit, and then, while David went golfing, I took the kids to meet up with a few other families for a softball game. We all had a great time.
Xander did a great job hitting the ball.

What a stance! Noah is all set to play some ball!

Noah had a few times up to bat as well. Here he is getting some pointers from Brandon and he actually did hit the ball after a couple of tries.

And he's off! After hitting the ball, he heads for third...

He eventually did make it to first after taking the scenic route.

Savannah with Chad. (I think she might want me to frame this picture for her.)
After the softball game, David met up with us and we headed over to our good friend's, the Washburns, house. We had some BBQ for dinner and the kids engaged in more water battles.


Check out Noah back by the truck - he was all over using that water gun!


It was an exhausting but extremely fun day!

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Ahhh, crushes! I loved having crushes when I was young. My problem was that I just couldn't decide who to have a crush on so I just chose everyone! I was a tad boy crazy. What fun it looks like you guys had! See you soon...

Catherine said...

How cute that she has her first crush! He is pretty cute, good choice! That picture of them sitting together is very cute! Should I know who that is though?

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad that you had such a fun day! And Noah just could not be more full of life...I love that kid. I think that the photo of Savannah and Chad is funny because as I clicked on it to enlarge it, I noticed that the girl in the background with the striped sweater doesn't have a very nice look on her face! It looks like she's jealous or angry about Savannah and Chad! How funny! Anyways, say hi to everyone for me and give them all great big hugs!

HeavenlyHome said...

SOOOOO much fun!