Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun at the Zoo


We couldn't have asked for a better day to go to the zoo! The weather was perfect: blue skies, slight breeze, high 70's, just absolutely gorgeous! We met several friends there and spent most of the day wandering around, checking out the animals, stopping to put faces in each sign available, and climbing on or hugging each animal statue we passed.

Xander was really excited to feed the giraffe.






The whole day the only animal Xander wanted to see was the rattlesnake. We didn't get to it until the very end...we saw, we took the picture, and as soon as we walked away, Xander asked me, "So, where's the rattlesnake?'' Sometimes I wonder about that kid.

Although this zoo doesn't have any gorillas (which are my absolute favorite!), they did have some lions and we got to get up close and personal with the elephant. Another fun day with the boys as we wait for Savannah to get out of school.

3 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Feeding the giraffes....way too much fun!!!!!!!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Well, I don't know if I can top the first comment about this post, but I'll give it a try. Your boys are just adorable, as always, and I am so glad that you could go to the zoo! What a wonderful way for them to get up close and personal with these fascinating animals (and even the snakes, which scare me so much, are still pretty interesting). I hope that you had a great day of fun and excitement. It sure does look like both Xander and Noah did!

Sommer said...

Such great pictures! It really was the perfect weather to go to the zoo!