Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mother's Day Celebrations

Years ago the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints said this about motherhood: "Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels." I do not always feel that I am doing the best job at this divine calling but I am certainly trying my hardest! What fun it was this year to have so many fun activities to celebrate motherhood. First, Noah's preschool class had a special Mother's Day celebration. The kids sang to us, made us special gifts that were presented to each mother, and then we all enjoyed some cookies and punch.

Each of the children had drawn a picture of his or her mother and answered some questions that were posted on the walls of the classroom. We each had to figure out which drawing was ours. It took me awhile to find Noah's picture of me - but here it is. Apparently I am in my ninja turtle form!

The answers to the questions also threw me for a loop - my favorite food (according to Noah) is broccoli; I'm 5 years old; my favorite color is pink; and my favorite thing to do is go to work. Too funny!

Since Sunday mornings are just too crazy trying to get everyone ready for church, David and the kids made me breakfast in bed on Saturday. What a special treat!

While I ate my delicious food, Xander serenaded me with his guitar. All the songs were Xander originals and had something to do with me.

A couple nights after Mother's Day I had one last fun activity with Savannah and her activity days group. We met at the church in our Sunday best to enjoy cupcakes, games, and crafts.


I definitely love being a mom to these three wonderful children. They bring me such joy and happiness!

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

You are a lovely lovely mom! Aren't we so blessed!?!

The Clark Family said...

Happy M Day a month late. You are a great mom! And that Super Hero party looks awesome. Definitely saving that for when Kellan gets a little bigger. Can't wait to see you!