Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Savannah is 9!

Nine fun facts about Savannah:



  1. She has a great laugh that has been compared to a witch's laugh. Yes, it does have a bit of a cackle to it!

  2. She writes a ton! She is always handing me some new story that she has written filled with great characters and adventures.

  3. She is so creative. As mentioned above she writes fabulous stories but she also does a lot of drawings and other art projects. Just recently she made a "board game" called Stickerland. She used tons of different stickers to make the layout of the board and then cut up a bunch of cards to tell you what to do, how many spaces you can go, how many points you receive, etc.

  4. Savannah is a very obedient little girl and usually does what we ask without a fight or fuss.

  5. Savannah is also very kind and thoughtful; she is always making cards or little gifts to give to us or to friends or to anyone she feels needs a little pick-me-up.

  6. She has a strong desire to be good and to do good.

  7. Savannah is a go-getter. She never waits around or puts things off, she just gets them done!

  8. Savannah is highly competitive, a quality that helps her do her best, but it can also be tough at times when she falls short to someone else's accomplishments.

  9. Savannah is a loyal friend and seeks out those who need a friend.

I feel myself saying this every year but it's the truth - I can't believe my little girl is 9!! Savannah had a great 9th birthday that started out with the traditional birthday balloons. My friend/next door neighbor who drives the kids to the bus stop each morning had all the kids in the car sing Happy Birthday to Savannah - too cute! Plus Savannah received plenty of birthday wishes and hugs from her friends at school since attending school until the middle of June is how we roll here in Maryland!
The boys were eager to help Savannah open her gifts. They both got her a gift and had a card for her that they had made themselves. Good job, boys!

Some favorite presents this year were How to Draw books,

Jackson Jekyll and Ghoulia Yhelps, two Monster High dolls she has had her eye on for awhile,

and a Harry Potter Gryffindor robe. With this robe she is all set for her big Harry Potter party this weekend.

As I set this cupcake down in front of Savannah, David asked, "All you made were cupcakes?" Yes, just cupcakes this year since I ordered a cake for her party. But Savannah didn't seem to mind - as long as it's chocolate she's fine!



Savannah's Favorites at 9:
Color: red
Food: chicken Parmesan
Dessert: ice cream
Movie: Casanova's Big Night (a Bob Hope classic)
Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Toy: Monster High
Animal: lion
Sport: soccer
Thing to do: read
Fruit: watermelon
Vegetable: broccoli
Holiday: birthday and Christmas
Candy: Twix and Reses Peanut Butter Cups/Pieces
Scripture Hero: Alma
Temple: Salt Lake City
Restaurant: Red Robin
Place to go: the Virgin Islands
Song: I Love to See the Temple
Season: spring
What she wants to be when she grows up: large animal vet
Best Friends: Celine, Kaia, Isabelle, Mackenzie, and Hannah

It was so fun to interview Savannah this year because we had everyone in the family guess what her answer would be. Between me, David, and the boys we pretty much know our Savannah! I also think it's fun to see how the favorites change from year to year.
Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cute Savannah!!

Catherine said...

I love your birthday posts! I think I always say that, but they're so fun and I can't wait to do it for my kids!

Sommer said...

I love how you do the favorites too. What a great idea. Savannah is so pretty and just sounds like such a lovely girl!

HeavenlyHome said...

She is as cute as they come!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Happy Happy Birthday Savanners! I am so glad that I was able to see you this weekend. I cannot wait for your posts, Trace, about Savannah's Harry Potter Party! Yay! I cannot believe that she is already 9 years young. That is just too incredible. Anyways, give everyone a big hug for me!