Sunday, June 12, 2011

What Noah Has Been Up To

Spring has been a fun time for us, especially Noah who gets to hang out with me a lot. Some of our activities have included feeding the fish at the library pond.

Looks like most of the bread ended up in Noah...

Noah bonded with one of the kittens and named her Cocoa. Poor little Cocoa has been carried around by the neck for most of her short life but she just hangs there, never making a peep of protest. Thanks to Noah's tremendous "love", Cocoa would be the best cat for a family with young children. (If you know of any please let me know!)

Noah's first year of preschool came to an end and we celebrated with the rest of his classmates with a picnic at a local playground.

Preschool has been such a blessing in Noah's life - he has learned so many new things, made fun crafts, laughed a lot, and made lots of new friends.

Pushing one of his buddies on the swing.

His fabulous teachers, Miss Jill and Miss Barb. Noah absolutely adored them and I admired their patience - I know how difficult Noah can be at times.

Noah talks all the time now about being a missionary and where he's going to go (he says France like Daddy). I love how when he's getting ready for church he asks me, "Mommy, do I look like a missionary?" We have had such stellar missionaries here the past year or so but these two have been some of our favorites. Both my boys really have fun hanging out with them.

Our church Memorial Day Breakfast is one of our favorite activities of the year, this year being no exception. One of the highlights? The kids spotted a turtle laying eggs in the grass...pretty neat!

When is Mom going to get through that long line and bring me some pancakes?

We played softball in the 95 degree temperature along with that wonderful Eastern humidity so Noah was definitely up for some water.

And when we got home, more water!


Noah and I went strawberry picking with some friends of ours and despite flashbacks of the dreaded "weeding the strawberry patch" days of my childhood, it wasn't too bad. Noah had a great time just picking away.

We came home with a bunch of strawberries that were later eaten by Xander - ALL of them! In one sitting!

And then there's the beach - sand, sun, water, and best friend Abby. Who could want anything more?


4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Lucky guy to have so much fun with mom!

The Clark Family said...

Ok, that "mommy, do I look like a missionary" is about the cutest thing! He is getting so big. What fun times you guys are having. See you soon!

Megan and Jonny said...

Seth loves the elders, too. But the other morning when I asked him if he was going to go on a mission he looked at me and said, "Um, probably not." Punk.

Sommer said...

I love Noah! He has the best smile and has so much personality it cracks me up! What great pictures and what a sweetheart.