Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Kitties

A few days ago David posted something about our new kitties - yes, our cat Princess had yet another litter. Definitely time to get that cat fixed. I let her have the kittens in the woods this time because I didn't want any chance of a repeat tragedy. Allowing her to do this meant I had to turn into Sherlock Holmes and find those kittens quickly so that we could start taming them. It took two weeks to find them and get to them - picture me with snow boots on to protect my feet and lower legs, cutting through thick, thorny branches with cutter and shovel. The first time I picked them up they were barely opening their eyes and so, so adorable. We have had the best time these past few weeks playing with them. Introducing Boo-Boo, Farfel, Cocoa, and Cali!




The kids LOVED crawling around on the grass because the kittens would follow them wherever they would go.


We have been able to place two (very tearful occasions for Savannah who still can't persuade us to keep any of them) and hopefully have found homes for the other two. Right now they are in my neighbor's back yard - thank goodness I have the sweetest neighbor who loves having them there - and we soak up as much time with these little cuties as we can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a good experience for the kids. The kittens are adorable...
Glad you have found homes for them. :)

Catherine said...

So adorable!!!!!!