Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dutch Wonderland

While my family was here we headed north to Lancaster County to the wonderful little amusement park they have up there called Dutch Wonderland. We had a blast!

The log ride was a little less than exciting for me but terrifying for Ashlyn; she thought that alligator on the grassy slope was going to get us, poor little thing. She quickly moved to the back of the log.

Noah and I rode on the sky lift thing that takes you from one part of the park to the other. For someone afraid of heights like I am this ride was probably NOT the smartest thing to get on. It was one scary moment for me when the ride stopped for what seemed like an eternity right at the highest point. I had a death grip on Noah who I was convinced was going to slide right under the bar and fall to his death.

The highlight for the kids was the roller coasters. Grandpa took Noah on the little one a few times and then we headed over to the big one. Noah was just tall enough this year to ride with the rest of the big kids - he was so excited.

This year we made sure to watch the diving show and we're so glad we did because it was pretty fun to watch. It was the Princess and the Frog and of course the villain of the story just had to find McKenna.

The kids insisted on sitting in the splash zone so the rest of us sat a few seats up hoping that we could avoid getting wet. No such luck! I was sitting next to my dad who happened to look over at McKenna just at the moment when the big splash came our way; I ducked behind him and was able to avoid most of the soaking. Others were not so lucky, including Kellan who couldn't figure out why all of a sudden he was all wet.

The bumper cars were a TON of fun...


and the kids enjoyed all the different rides.


I regretted immensely getting on this twister ride. I just had to cover my eyes and pray for it to be over. Then when the ride stopped and they announced that we would now be going backward, I thought my lunch might be making an appearance. Thank goodness it did not. I curse getting older - I just can't stomach these rides anymore.


A special treat to end the day.

We love Dutch Wonderland!

0 comments: