Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leprechaun Day!

The kids carefully prepared their leprechaun traps the night before...

and left coins and even some Lucky Charms cereal...



but those sneaky little leprechauns still caused mischief and mayhem around our house! They turned couches around and even flipped one over, they threw the pillows all over the floor, the kitchen chairs ended up on the table...



and the worst was they put Xander's and Savannah's underwear on the stairs! Can you believe the nerve!!! Maybe Mommy should have put the laundry away instead of leaving the basket of folded clothes in the family room...that was just asking for trouble, according to Savannah. Well, as Xander pointed out, at least they didn't throw our TV on the floor.


The kids didn't catch a leprechaun or a pot of gold but they did get 4 shiny quarters each as well as a wee little pot for planting clover. For our St. Patrick's Day dinner we enjoyed our traditional corned beef and cabbage...yummy!

4 comments:

mom2beachbums said...

Aahhh how fun is that! My kid's totally dig St. Patty's day and I didnt even give it a thought. I am going to have to steal your ideas here for next year. You are such a fun mom! Such cute kids and I love how little Noah looks so much older but he still has his sweet baby face!

Sommer said...

how fun!!! What cute ideas you have, you really are so fun, I LOVE your traditions, want to adopt me into your family??? lol. I'm glad they didn't throw the TV on the floor either =)

HeavenlyHome said...

What an inspiration....I was over my head in life and forgot all about it...our chinese dinner was not timely, but still yummy!!!!
And thank heavens no tricky leprechauns over here.....we've got enough sneaky little ones already!

Jared and Kelly said...

Seriously, if Jared and I ever have kids I'm going to copy just about everything that you do. What fun!