Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beauty Is...

"Beauty is..." was the theme of the Reflections program this year in the elementary schools and Savannah submitted a project under the Visual Arts category. Last night her elementary school recognized all the participants so Savannah and I attended.
Savannah's colored pencils drawing was of dolphins swimming in the ocean, her inspiration coming from our encounter with this exact scene last summer at the Outer Banks.

I was really surprised that more kids from her school did not participate. Savannah is already planning on submitting more than one project next year which I think is great; I love to see her express herself artistically.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I did the reflections program every year when I was in elementary! It looks like Savannah is a great artist! What a neat opportunity!

The Clark Family said...

Savannah has always been such a good artist. McKenna would love to do that. We miss you guys so much, I think we might be able to sneak in a little visit on the Friday before you leave mom and dad's. We will see.