Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leprechaun Antics!

Every year the kids work so hard making leprechaun traps in hopes of catching one of the little people and getting three wishes. If they got lucky and caught one, Xander said he would wish for 1) tons of Star Wars guys 2) $100 and 3) a genie. Savannah said her wishes would be 1) millions of books 2) a dog and 3) 5 $1000 bills.

Unfortunately we have not had much success in the past few years and this year proved no exception. Look at the mess the wee leprechauns created in my kitchen and living room! Needless to say, I was NOT pleased.

The leprechauns even ventured into the kids' rooms this year and flung Savannah's stuffed animals all around her room. The little rascals also hung the kids' underwear from their bedposts and dresser knobs; Savannah and Xander both thought that was pretty funny. The good thing, though, is that after making quite the mess the leprechauns did leave the kids some treats - some yummy chocolate gold coins. Savannah was especially excited that one of the leprechauns apparently stepped in some green paint somewhere and tracked footprints in the front foyer.

Of course we had our traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner which was oh, so good.

After dinner the kids and I watched "Darby O'Gill and the Little People", a classic St. Patrick's Day movie. They got to enjoy the green candy rings courtesy of Grandma Schaeffer.

Another wonderful and fun St. Pat's Day! I can't wait to see what those leprechauns will do next year.

6 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

You guys can do passover at our house if we can come to your house for St Patty's day....what fun!

Eric and Hilary said...

really cute tracie! the little leprechaun footprints are my favorite. i wouldnt be pleased if those wee little fellas did that to my living room either! haha

Catherine said...

HOW FUN! I've never done anything fun for St. Patricks Day. I'll definitely have to remember that for when I have kids!

The Clark Family said...

Those naughty little leprechauns! They missed my house this year but will definitely have to make an appearance next year. Oh, and by the way, I am totally mad at you. 15 out of 16, seriously? You make me sick!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Those sneaky little leprechauns. I tried explaining what they were to Joseph but he wasn't really getting it. Another thing that makes him think his American mom is crazy! Haha.

Jared and Kelly said...

Little troublemakers - thank goodness they don't often attack homes that don't have little children in them. Too bad, really! I wish that I had been able to watch Darby O'Gill on St. Patty's day!