Monday, March 22, 2010

Excitement!

It's Monday morning and I'm looking at my house and I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! The laundry is piled up to the ceiling, the kitchen floor is littered with crumbs (yuck!) plus there are some definite sticky patches, the floor has not been vacuumed in a week, there are toys everywhere, dishes in the sink...AHHHH!!!! But you know what? I wouldn't change a thing because there's a perfectly good excuse for the mess:

MARCH MADNESS, BABY!!!


From tip-off time on Thursday, I have been neglecting everything but the TV. The upsets, the last second shots, the jumping up and down, cheering for teams like St. Mary's and Cornell - well, it's just the most exciting time of the year!!! But I must admit that the best game I watched this weekend wasn't even a basketball game. Savannah played in her second playoff game on Friday night and a win would put them in the championship game next weekend. Unfortunately for us, she played the team coached by her outdoor soccer coach so she had several old teammates that she was playing against; that's always hard. I had to give little cheers for some of those cute girls I got to coach in the fall. But ultimately Savannah's team was able to hold onto the win, 6-5. Savannah came so, so close to scoring a goal several times. She hasn't scored yet this season and is very anxious for that goal. David and I were so proud of the way she played and we all can't wait for the big game this Saturday.



Savannah's team after the big win...Go Purple Panthers!

Now I have to catch up on some major housecleaning before Thursday but it's all worth it.

4 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

Go Purple Panthers! I'll be anxiously awaiting the results. That Savannah just continues to get more beautiful, huh?

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Go Savannah! You are a SUPER STAR! Wish I could be there Saturday to cheer you. No worries...I will cheer for you all the way here in Texas. Miss you guys!

Catherine said...

As someone who can't stand watching sports on tv, I think you're hilarious!

The Clark Family said...

Yay Savannah! How much fun that must be to watch your daughter play the sport you grew up playing. Maybe Ash will do that for me, we all McKenna hates it. But that is awesome about Savannah's team! And March Madness is the best, especially when you are winning! Hee Hee....