Sunday, March 14, 2010

Embroidery

Running stitch, back stitch, chain stitch - just the sound of these words conjures up images of extreme torture. And it easily could have been; needles, thread, and fabric have never exactly been friends of mine. But my friend Catherine, the mom in charge of the Keepers activity for March, made embroidery a lot of fun and something I might even try on my own! I know! Who would have thunk it?

The girls had to learn 5 different stitches: the running stitch, back stitch, satin stitch, cross stitch, and the chain stitch. They also had to learn how to transfer a pattern and will have to complete a small embroidery project.


Good thing Catherine doesn't live too far away; Savannah and I might need some extra help finishing this award. As always, though, both the girls and moms had a great evening.

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

We're ready whenever you are!

Anonymous said...

I love that that Savannah and you are learning this!! I learned from my grandmother, and I am not especially good at embroidery, but I do love to cross stitch!! Have fun!!