Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Historic Moment

The signing of the Health Care Bill is being lauded as a historic moment. Well, the bombing of Pearl Harbor was a historic moment which just goes to show that not all historic moments are wonderful. This health care bill passing certainly is not. I have been stewing over this for the past two days but, don't worry, I won't go into some long tirade about how unconstitutional this bill is and how angry I still am that Americans actually voted this man into office. I do have to make some comments, though, before my head explodes! There is consolation in the fact that Pelosi has an 11% approval rating (I can't figure out how anyone could approve of her - I get a negative physical reaction whenever I see or hear her), Harry Reid is at 8%, and Obama's rating is in an ever-increasing downward spiral. I'm hopeful that we will be able to vote most of these immoral, corrupt people out and elect some people who actually believe that the government is run by the people FOR the people. My poor kids had to deal with an earful on Monday night; I felt it was a great time to explain to them the purpose of government and that our rights come from God, not the government. David just shook his head and told them that Mommy gets really passionate about this kind of stuff. It's hard not to, though, when after the bill was passed, President Obama had the nerve to make the comments he did. In disbelief I heard him say that they had risen above politics to pass this bill - I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure this is a partisan bill; he said that they had pushed back against special interest groups - sorry once again but no one can ignore that this bill is over 2,000 pages filled with pork, bribes, and the selling of souls; and then Obama closed with the comment that this bill proved that the government was still being run by the people for the people - Ha! More than 70% of the American people were opposed to the bill. I'm sorry, Mr. President, I just can't agree with you on any of your points. But I know that people out there will just lap up his lies, just like they did when he was campaigning.
Okay, I know you are probably all bored reading my rant but I'm just going to finish by saying that A)our Constitution says that the government can not force any of us to buy anything and B)not one cent of mine will ever go towards funding abortion. They can haul me off to jail but I'm not participating in this health care overhaul, as they like to call it, in any way. Some days I just feel so helpless as I watch our freedoms being taken away. On the campaign trail Obama promised that he was going to fundamentally transform this country. Well, he's sure on his way and boy, does it suck! Call me crazy but I've always agreed with the statement made by Ronald Reagan: "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
A friend of mine sent me this Maxine cartoon which I think sums it up pretty well:



Let me get this straight......we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong????

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Nothing could go wrong with this bill.....oh, except everything. I'm sorry, socialized healthcare is NOT what people think it is. The government couldn't care less about our health, all they care about is power and money. Those people in this administration and those who voted for them will one day stand accountable.

Atkinsons said...

Loved your post. I agree 100%
-Shawn

Catherine said...

I almost didn't read this post, but I completely agree with you! I'm not usually one to follow the news too closely, but this whole health care thing has made me do it!

Sommer said...

Man Tracie I couldn't agree more!!!