Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Bunny Fun

Upon hearing from his classmates that the Easter Bunny could be found at the mall, Xander started bugging me about going for a visit. So on Friday, to kick off the kids' spring break, we headed to the mall to see the big bunny. The whole way over we told Noah all about the Easter Bunny and how fun it would be to sit on his lap and talk to him. Noah seemed excited all the way up until he actually had to be held by him...and then it was a no go. I had to promise him some M&M's just to get him to stand in front of the Easter Bunny. What a grouch!

Later on we decorated our tree out front with Easter eggs. The kids love our beautiful Easter Egg Tree.


Friday night was the traditional dyeing of the Easter eggs in preparation for the Easter Bunny's visit.


Xander always makes a "dragon" egg.

In our house Saturday is Easter Bunny Day and the kids were excited to see that he had not forgotten them. They found their baskets filled with candy and a special toy.

After enjoying the contents of their baskets for a little bit, the kids went on an Easter egg hunt.


Due to the fabulous weather we've been having this past week the hunt extended outside!

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I am glad that the good weather has found you. I always loved when it was warm on Easter! Your kids are so darling. And that is nice your mall let's you take your own photos with the Easter bunny. In ours, if they even think you are about to pull out your camera they kick you out. Well, not really but you get the idea!

HeavenlyHome said...

Love the outside in the Jammies thing!!!!!

Catherine said...

It's so fun to hear about different families' Easter traditions! I also love the outside in the jammies thing, I'm trying to remember if we did it in our jammies growing up.

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I thought that I had already left a comment but I didn't! Your kids are too cute for words and I just adore all of them! Give them all a big hug for me. I have missed you this week and send my love. I cannot wait until we can all get together again. Happy Easter! And sorry this is a week late!