Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break Highlights

Although our original plans for spring break ending up changing, much to our disappointment, the kids and I still tried to make our spring break fun. Here are a few highlights:

  • General Conference. Definitely one of my favorite weekends of the year and one of the days falling on Easter Sunday made it even better. All of the sessions were absolutely wonderful but Saturday afternoon was probably my favorite. I truly love listening to the words of our prophet, apostles, and other leaders - always so uplifting!

  • Xander's favorite was visiting the Easter Bunny!

  • The kids loved spending time at the various parks and playgrounds that we went to. One day we headed over to the library for a picnic lunch and to check out the turtles that reside at the pond nearby.


Afterwards we headed into the library and loaded up on lots of great books for me and the kids. I would highly recommend The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society; what a great book!

  • The kids loved hanging out with all their friends.

  • Definitely one of the highlights of spring break was the absolutely gorgeous weather! We had to take advantage of all that beautiful sunshine!



3 comments:

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

I know that your plans for Spring Break changed but I'm glad to see that your kids enjoyed themselves right there in Baltimore. I would have preferred to have seen all of you, but soon enough, soon enough! I hope that everyone is doing well. I send a big hug for my niece and nephews!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you made the most of spring break!! I can't believe you guys got out in shorts already!! It isn't warm enough here yet... Not that I wear them anyway LOL
I cannot believe how big Noah is! They have just grown up so fast!! Love you guys!

The Clark Family said...

How fun. Too bad we couldn't spend it together. Maybe next year!