Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Three years ago Noah Calvin joined our family and life has been extremely entertaining since then.






3 things I love about my Noah:

  • his smile

  • his nose kisses

  • how full of life he is


Some of Noah's favorites at age 3:

  • His favorite things to eat are candy, chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, pretzels, cheese, and PIZZA!

  • His favorite movie is anything with Scooby Doo in it

  • He loves "Papa Bear" books as he likes to call the Berenstein Bears books

  • His favorite toys are Batman and Robin and the villains, Star Wars, and his Pup-Pup and Kitty stuffed animals

  • He absolutely loves animals; he's always trying to pet and hold our cats and enjoys getting their food for them.

  • He loves to throw and catch any ball

  • He loves to color

  • He is left-handed though he'll occasionally use his right hand

  • He loves to play with Savannah and Xander though he can play by himself really well
  • His favorite person in the whole world: his Uncle Bryan
  • He's always such an angel - look at him folding his arms so nicely to say a prayer...
  • NOT! This kid has one whollop of a temper. The above picture is actually a shot of his infamous "hang-dog" look. Below is a shot of his face, a perfect display of what Noah can be like.
  • He loves to sing and dance and has always had a little boogie to his step
  • I have always had a problem with him being a runner - he constantly runs away from me when we are out in public. Needless to say, I do NOT find this practice of his amusing and it has caused some great anxiety in my life. He is doing much better though as he gets older.
  • He is my questioner, my only child who asks "Why?" all the time
  • He loves to take showers and will run around the house afterwards and yell, "I naked! I naked!"
  • His nicknames are Nose and No-No, the latter being what he prefers. If one of us says to him, "Noah, you are so cute" he replies, "I not cute! I N0-No!"
  • His prayers contain such sentences as "Close your eyes!" and "Bow your head!" as he points to the accused. And if he thinks someone else has been praying too long, he starts whispering, "In the name of Jesus Christ", just as a helpful hint that it's time to end.
  • He dresses himself each morning and although most of the time he does a great job picking out his outfits, sometimes he's a little off...



  • He loves to borrow Xander's clothes so oftentimes he's drowning in what he's wearing
  • He LOVES to dress up!


  • He is a complete ham and loves to be the center of attention
  • His good friends are Abby, Jasmine, and Solomon
  • He frustrates me but he also makes me laugh

Saturday morning Noah woke up to find the traditional balloon bouquet tied to his bedpost. In keeping with his personality, Noah decided that he did not like the Spongebob balloon and refused to take a picture until I had removed the offensive balloon.


Xander was going to a birthday party for a friend at Chuck E. Cheese so we decided to all go since Noah loves playing there as well. Only for a special treat on a birthday am I willing to go to that insane place.


Saturday evening we had a family celebration that included opening presents as well as eating yummy cake and ice cream. Savannah and Xander had wrapped up several of their own possessions to give to Noah as gifts. It was so funny how Noah would unwrap one of their gifts and shout, "Savannah's parrot!" or "Xander's guy!" Although we did have a few problems with Xander later that evening when he decided he wanted some of those gifts back, I thought it was sweet how Savannah and Xander wanted to give something to their little brother.

By far the favorite present of the night was the Joker Fun House; Noah just can't get enough of the whole Batman thing.

Happy 3rd Birthday, cute little No-No!

7 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Happy birthday Noah! I used to love the "Papa Bear" books too. Infact I still call my dad Papa Bear. Anyway, I can't believe how much he has grown but one thing that is still the same is that beautiful smile of his. It is so contagious. I miss you Noah.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet nephew Noah!!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there to celebrate Noah's bday with him! As you must already know, Noah has a very special place in my heart and I cannot ever get enough of him. I absolutely adore my No-No!! He could not be any cuter at age 3 and the boy cannot do any wrong in my eyes! Give him a great big (but not Uncle Bob) hug for me!

The Clark Family said...

Happy Birthday Noah! When I was showing Ashlyn these pictures she was like, "were we invited?" She is very into whether we are invited for people's birthdays or not. I told her no. JK! I wish we could have been there! Noah is so cute and we miss him. Can't wait to see him!

Catherine said...

How cute! I love the prayer thing, and what a great idea to have the older kids give him some of their toys as gifts, they're going to get handed down anyway, right, why not make it more fun! I'll definitely have to remember that idea.

Sommer said...

That was so fun to read all about Noah, what a funny boy! I loved the part about how he will start whispering "In the name...." if prayers are getting too long as a hint.... I've been sorely tempted to do that a time or two =) I loved all the pictures and that Joker fun house imaginext toy looks like a lot of fun!

HeavenlyHome said...

Fabulous post for a fabulous little guy! Where did three years go?!?!?