Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Decorating for Christmas

Saturday morning we (meaning David) hung up our outside Christmas lights and then we headed off to get our Christmas tree.

Xander helping David.

Little Noah was so sad he couldn't be outside with the rest of us.

We ended up getting our tree at Home Depot, a nice, safe place to buy. We did get a Douglas Fir which is my favorite kind of Christmas tree, and although it is a little smaller than I wanted, it's still a great, full tree. Plus, the fresh pine scent is wonderful and makes our whole house smell like Christmas.

Xander loves to help! Here he is helping David get the tree set up in the tree stand and trimming some of the lower branches.

The kids were so excited to get the tree decorated. It was Savannah's turn this year to put the angel on the top of the tree.




3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

How fun! Your tree is so pretty. And it looks like the few decorations I could see in the pictures were so cute as well. How did I get the decorating gene left out of my makeup? All my sisters have it, not me!

Anonymous said...

Safe was a good way to go. Noah's little chubby cheeks out the window were so cute!!!
Hopefully David is healing well, and your tree looked great!!

Jared and Kelly said...

It looks like Xander is quite the little helper! That's so cute! And I remember how exciting it was to be the one who gets to put the star at the top of the tree... Your kids all look so happy. That Noah looking through the glass door was too precious!