Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here Be Pirates

In our house, pirates are a favorite, especially for Xander. He loves to dress up as a pirate and has a lot of the Pirates of the Caribbean action figures. Last week I picked up the most recent Pirates movie out on DVD and Xander found it. He's been carrying the movie around all week and begging to watch it. All three of the Pirates movies are some of my favorite movies ever but I do feel that some of the subject matter is not appropriate for a 3 year old. Xander thought he could sucker David into letting him watch it but David also remained firm. Until Friday. Now, before everyone starts thinking that we're horrible parents for letting our kids watch Pirates (the first one) for their Friday night movie, I must tell you that it only took 50 minutes to watch the whole movie; I sat there with the remote and edited out huge chunks of it with Savannah and Xander being none the wiser. I did allow them to watch one fight scene - the one where Captain Jack fights Will Turner at the blacksmith shop. During that whole scene Xander just sat there staring with his mouth wide open in awe of such great pirate moves. Xander is now eager to watch the next two Pirates movies.

My cute little pirates!

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

When I was looking at your blog I didn't even see this entry at first. It is so cute! I love the one where Savannah has the mean face of a pirate and is holding her baby! McKenna always points out the Pirates Movies that we have and asks to watch it. We always say no too. Maybe I should let her watch it but edit out like you!