Monday, December 10, 2007

Let the Truth Be Known

Since I posted our blog last week regarding our attempt to find and cut down our own Christmas tree there has been a general feeling that I am looking for some grand Christmas tree. Everyone is waiting to see what kind of tree fits my idea of perfection since I passed up so many Christmas trees last weekend. Well, lest anyone continue with the absurd notion that I am some kind of a Christmas tree snob, I have convinced David to let me tell the truth as to what really happened that day at the Christmas tree farm. It is true that the Douglas Firs were all too small but we did find a tree that we thought would look nice in our home. David started to saw it down...and then it happened! He sliced his pinkie finger but good. Blood was dripping everywhere! Although he wanted to continue sawing the tree down, I took stock of the situation and knew that we needed to get him to urgent care. Of course David didn't want to make a big deal about it because for some reason he was highly embarrassed about the whole thing. Rather than asking the workers at the farm for their first aid kit, David got in the car and I ran over to the concession stand to get him some napkins. It took about 15 minutes to get to the nearest urgent care and by then David was in some pretty good pain. Thank goodness we had a babysitter at home with Noah because I just dropped the kids off with her so they didn't have to be bored at the doctor's. The end result was that David ended up with about 7 stitches and we had to wait another week to get a Christmas tree. He wouldn't let me blog it or tell anyone about it until this weekend. So, there it is...I am not some weirdo looking for a light to shine down on some perfect Christmas tree...I am just so in love with my husband that I was willing to look like a tree freak to cover up his embarrassment.


2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Oh my gosh, Poor David! I can't believe that happened. That is crazy but it makes a good story. Hopefully everything is going well with his finger. And why aren't you commenting on my blog?

Jared and Kelly said...

Poor David. Too bad he didn't realize what a real man he sounded like in that story! He just about sawed off his finger and wanted to continue cutting down the tree?!! I would have done the girl thing and started bawling and lamenting what I KNEW would be the loss of my finger. And I'm sure we're all sorry if we made you feel like a freak for holding out on the tree until you felt you had to give the real story...