Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fourth of July

Our July 4ths are always pretty low key and this year was no exception. David made some delicious ribs for lunch (I'm not a rib-eater myself so I have to take his word on the matter) and he and the kids dug in. Xander and Savannah loved them and Xander kept asking for more long after they were gone!

This is Xander's Zorro hat but he looks more like the little boy from "Witness" if you ask me.

Savannah and I painted our nails to show off our red, white, and blue!

A rare moment of Noah being next to me. These days he wants everyone BUT me.

We played games at one friend's house and then we all headed over to another friend's house for some BBQ. There was a light rain falling so we mostly stayed in for the evening. We adults played more games while the kids were kept busy watching a movie.

We then headed outside to watch our little fireworks display. Our friends had bought all the kids some glow sticks, which were a huge hit.

Due to the rain, we sat in the backs of our cars to watch the fireworks.

Noah liked the fireworks at first...

...until they started the loud crackling and popping noises...then he wasn't too thrilled.

Xander really got into the fireworks, dancing around, waving his glow sticks. It was a really fun evening spent with good friends. Happy Birthday, America!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just cannot believe how the kids are growing!!!
We are so glad that since you are far from family, you all have some nice friends to get together with. It looks like everyone had a great time!

Sommer said...

sounds like fun! I love your toes and Noah's face when he didn't like the fireworks. What's up with him not wanting to be with you? Brandon went through that same faze where he didn't want me and only wanted Ben and then he switched and only wanted me and not Ben. Weird little guy. Is Noah only like that when other people are around or all the time?

Sal Gal said...

Very cute toes! My girls and I LOVE getting our toes done together! We spent the 4th at the Stadium of Fire in Provo. The girls were dancing, and of course....we had to see Miley and the Blue Man Group!