Sunday, July 6, 2008

A "Top Ten" Beach

Memories of Day 3:

Weather: Absolutely Gorgeous!
Beach: Trunk Bay (my personal favorite)
Trunk Bay has been ranked by travel experts as one of the top 10 beaches in the world
the crystal clear turquoise water
scrunching my toes in the soft, white sand
the snorkelers in the family enjoying the underwater trail
Kelly chasing the blow-up toy as the wind blew it down the beach
Cruise ship arrivals...why do all cruise people look the same?
Cruise people setting up their chairs right by me


kids enjoying water games (check out Jared's toss!)

My sister...I mean my mom (doesn't she look great?) and her sea creature find

many conch shells we found and the crabs we tried to evict

spending time as a family

Afternoon Beach: Francis Bay (the kids' favorite)
the calm waters
lots of fish close to shore for the kids to see
the frat party going on just down the beach
the starfish that washed up on shore right next to Ryan's feet




the kids' trying to escape from a shark named Uncle Bryan
the naked guys in the parking lot (would have been a great memory if they had been about 20 years younger than they were)

spending time with family
nightly devotionals
vanilla Oreo cookies (even though they were almost $7 a package)

What a great day!

2 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

The water is so beautiful. I am jealous. I must take a trip to the VI in my life time. Boy Savannah got some serious air with her uncle. I love that picture.

Sal Gal said...

I can't believe that you can find those shells and starfish. Do they wash up on the shore or did she find it while out snorkeling?