Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yes, We Caved

Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Spongebob...somehow these cultural icons have made their way into our home, even without the TV being on. But one fad I SWORE I would never accept is those atrocious looking crocs. Sure, I know, I know, they're great for kids because they're easy for them to put on, they're easily cleaned, blah, blah, blah. But let's face it...they are extremely ugly! But we went on vacation with family and who just happened to have crocs? The cousins! So of course Savannah wanted a pair just like McKenna. So, because we as parents love our children and want to make them happy when we can, on Saturday we headed to Target to buy the knockoff crocs (I still refuse to pay anywhere near $20 for those things). Xander found a Cars pair that I couldn't talk him out of and Savannah got her hot pink pair.


At The Childrens Place I saw a pair of hideous stir-up leggings...remember those? Now that's definitely NOT happening no matter how much Savannah might beg.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ew gross crocs!! you're a total sell-out! haha

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!! I actually keep a couple pairs around, they are good for the kind of work I do.
Too bad it isn't jelly shoes instead of crocs, back in the day, yes, stirrup leggings, with jelly shoes, and those little rings to tie your shirt to the side was all the rage... loved the 80's... HA HA HA

Julie said...

I had a pair of stirrup leggings that I wore for so long that the elastic around my feet starting cutting off the circulation & my feet would go numb while wearing them. I guess they were too small. Now that your kids own crocs, beware of the stinky feet syndrome.

Tom, Cyndee and the girls said...

I won't buy the crocks either. I think they are ugly too. I still love my good old flip flops. They work perfect for me and my girls too!!

Pamela Anderson said...

Ah yes! I caved too but ugly on adults can be actually pretty cute on kids.