Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

We started off our Memorial Day holiday at the Ward Breakfast. We go every year and always have a lot of fun. David particularly enjoys cooking the breakfast with all the other high priests and I enjoy eating it.

Here is Noah with "Uncle Josh" or, as David and I like to call him, our "manny". Noah absolutely loves Josh and, thankfully, Josh doesn't mind letting Noah tag along after him.


There were all sorts of fun games for the kids. During the tug-of-war for the primary kids, adults started jumping in to help either side. Savannah's side won 2 of the 3 which made her pretty happy.

There was also bobbing for apples and even Noah got himself an apple.



Savannah and Noah were very involved in the various activities of the morning and even David and I spent some quality time together as a team in the 2-on-2 basketball tournament. I thought I would pass out or have a heart attack or both because I am so out of shape but we did actually win our first game. But then there was Mr. Anti-Social...Xander just really struggles with his shyness and spent most of the morning following some of the older boys around or just standing around with his trash-can shield and General Grievous gun, watching the other kids. Oh, well.

Towards the end of the morning Savannah got herself involved in a water fight with several of the young men, a fight that she was destined to lose.


The young men drenched her...

...and then they got David!

Despite how frigidly cold the water was, Noah went right under that faucet and joined the fight. I think he was his own worst enemy!


We had a great time at the Ward Breakfast and enjoyed the rest of the holiday together. We are so grateful to all the men and women who have fought for this country and continue to fight for our freedoms today. We are so blessed to live in this great nation and I want my kids to recognize and appreciate the wonderful life that we have because others were willing to sacrifice so much.










4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Noah is something else, isn't he!?! And tell David the food was yummy...as usual!!!!

The Clark Family said...

How fun! I love all of the pictures of Noah! And Xander just melts my heart! I hope you got your computer back and are now back to regular blogging without getting kicked off the internet every 3 minutes! If not, that blog entry must have taken forever!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

What a great picnic/breakfast! It looks like the kids really had fun! I'm sure that it was a great day for all of you. Say hi to everyone for me.

Sommer said...

that looks like a blast!!!!! Great pics!