Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Wonderful Mother's Day


Yes, I'm a little behind; I know Mother's Day was Sunday but I'm finally getting around to doing some blogging. I received a voucher from Southwest last year after I was in a plane crash so I decided to use that to head to Cincinnati for a wonderful Mother's Day weekend away. Not only did I get 4 fabulous days away but I also surprised my mom! I'll never forget the joy and excitement in her face when she came home from school Friday afternoon to find me at the house. My weekend included sleeping in each morning, lots of reading, eating out, a pedicure, watching movies, quality time with my parents, a beautiful corsage from my Dad for Mother's Day, and lots and lots of quiet and relaxation. It was fabulous!!! I am so grateful to David for taking the weekend plus a few days off of work so that I could get away.
Although it was hard to come home, I was so excited to see the kids and David. Because I hadn't been home on Mother's Day, the kids gave me the gifts and cards they had made for me when I got home on Tuesday. Both Savannah and Xander filled out one of those "About your Mom" questionnaires at their schools and I got a huge kick out of their answers.

Savannah's:
My mom looks prettiest when she goes to church.
My mom loves to read books.
My mom's favorite dish is tilapia.
My mom treats me good when I clean my room.
I love my mom even though sometimes she yells. (Gotta love that answer..and the accompanying picture was even better...it showed me with a really scary face, mouth, and teeth and had me saying the words "Go to your room".)

Xander's:
My mom's age: 14
My mom's favorite color: yellow
My mom's favorite food: macaroni and cheese
My mom is as pretty as a star
My mom loves to play games


This Mother's Day really was great!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! The kids' answers were so tender! How does it feel to be 14? Dan and I just got a kick out of those. How precious! Happy Mother's Day!

HeavenlyHome said...

That is so funny! I'm so glad we are all normal...I should make out one of those questionaires for my kids...I can only imagine the answers?!?!? Isn't being a mom the best?!?!?
Great surprise for your mom! you are a lovely daughter!

BryanSchaeffer.blogspot.com said...

Happy Mother's day Tracie! I think that it is sooooo cool that you got to spend time with Mom (and Dad too)! When were you in a plane crash? I don't remember hearing anything about that..Savannah and Xander could not be cuter with their answers! Take care and give all the kids my best.

Queen Bee said...

Tracie, I had to look twice that it was you with that light hair! Your mom never changes. I loved seeing the photos of both of you. Give Terri my love when you talk with her next.

The Clark Family said...

I love your kids answers, that is so funny! And your plane crash sounds so dramatic! That is a great pic of you and mom and I am jealous. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year!

Sommer said...

wow what an awesome gift to go see your parents!!! I love the questionare, it crakced me up, I would love to see the picture Savannah drew of you!