Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Santa...

With pencils (and crayons) in hand and a little cocoa to sip, the kids got busy writing letters to Santa Claus.

They all have some definite toys they've had their eyes on for several months. Noah wants the Joker's car...

Savannah wants the Monster High dolls...

and Xander is hoping for more Star Wars guys along with a Star Wars tank.

We dropped the letters off at the Santa mailbox at the local Macys and now we'll see what Santa thinks of their requests.
For the most part Savannah, Xander, and Noah have all been pretty good so there shouldn't be a problem with Santa delivering the goods. However, David and I have discovered over the years that we don't like that Santa gets all the credit for the really GOOD gifts each Christmas. This year we've asked Santa (without the kids' knowledge) to bring just a small gift for each of them and Mom and Dad will swoop in with the most desired presents. Sorry, Santa...this year my kids are going to love me a little bit more than you.

4 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Yep, that's been our mode of operation over the years! The big rosy cheeked jello bellied guy has all my support...but I'M getting the Christmas smiles from the cuties!!!!!!

Catherine said...

You definitely should get the credit for the best gifts!

Anonymous said...

I love your plan. Some kids have a horrible time when they find out about the "spirit of Santa". Someday, if we can adopt or have a baby, we have discussed that our plan each year will be like yours this year! The kids are so good! I am glad to hear that they will be gettin' the goods! :)

The Clark Family said...

I'm glad you mentioned this to me awhile ago because Ryan and I totally decided to copy you. The kids did a great job writing and coloring to Santa!