Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Remember

Although I am a history buff, I have never been a stickler for dates; I believe people should know the chronological order of historical events rather than specific dates. There are, however, a few dates that I think are important enough that every person should know them - December 7, 1941 is one of them.

The attack on Pearl Harbor will "live in infamy" and I think it is so important that we never forget what happened that day (and date) and the events that transpired as a result.

If you happen to see a WWII veteran today, please thank them for their service.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

ok, didn't have this memorized. will have to work on that for next year!

The Clark Family said...

You are so great, doing these type of posts. I love our veterans and all that they have done for us. What a great reminder!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the few historical dates I remember as well. I have a difficult time with history, but WWII fascinates me! I think I remember this date so well cause in HS history class, we all made paper airplanes, and went to anothr classroom and "bombed" them. Thanks to all our veterans! Ü