Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fat Lip and Loose Tooth

The big news in our house is Savannah has her first loose tooth. It's one of her front bottom ones and although she will probably have it for another few weeks, she is very excited. She has been wishing for quite some time to lose a tooth, especially since it seems like most of her friends have already lost several of theirs.

Monday I was feeling much better but around dinner I felt my upper lip start to go numb. I checked in the mirror to see what was going on but my upper lip just looked a little swollen. Whenever I get any kind of infection in my body, be it respiratory or sinus or whatever, I get hives...so I just figured I was having some kind of allergic reaction to the illnesses I had suffered over the past few days. By the end of the night, though, I looked like Donald Duck! My upper lip was so swollen that I was amazed it didn't crack in half. Savannah tried to make me feel better by saying that I was still beautiful but it was quite the atrocious sight! I took 6 Benadryl before the night was gone and I still had that thing all day Tuesday. Thank goodness the kids didn't have school on Tuesday due to the primaries because there was no way I was going out of the house sporting that monstrous lip.

5 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

Congratulations to Savannah! I remember how exciting it is to lose your baby teeth. And Tracie, hope your lip is better! Do you still have no idea what caused it?

Julie said...

Tracie- At the USU basketball game Saturday night there was the girl sitting 3 rows up from me who looked EXACTLY like you. I seriously yelled out, "Serra (who went to the game with me.) It's Tracie Schaeffer! What is she doing here?" Seriously, if there were any reason as to why you could have been at that game I would have yelled out at this chick "Tracie, Tracie, HI." Upon further investigation I realized she was not you but a look alike of you in high school (as I still think of you). It was really weird.

Principal Sal said...

You have sure had quite the health struggles these days! I hope you are all feeling better. How come you didn't post a picture with your beautiful lip? :)
We have had the tooth fairy a lot at our house. She always leaves a $2.00 bill!! The kids love it!

The Clark Family said...

Yea Savannah! She might have lost it by now, sorry it took so long to comment, I have been having a blogging lull. Anyway, I can't wait to see the picture of your lip sometime, although I understand you not posting it for the world to see!

Unknown said...

did she loose it yet!