Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yes, I'm Addicted!

I have a confession to make...I'm addicted to American Idol! I don't usually watch a lot of TV and I'm being really serious when I say that. My two shows are "Lost" and "Monk" and of course I watch all of the Jazz basketball games thanks to NBA League Pass. But a couple of weeks ago I tuned into American Idol for my very first time of watching it. I know all about past winners because in this day and age you can't escape hearing about these things but I have never actually watched it. Well, after watching the first night I was hooked. David can't believe it because it is so unlike me to like a show like this. All I can say, though, is American Idol is a really great show (Reality Bites, anyone?)



These are my favorite contestants and I'm thinking one of them could win...the Australian guy is really amazing! Last week when I found out that I can actually call in to cast my vote, I was so excited but David, who had joined me for the last few minutes of it, said there was no way we were wasting money on that! (He always likes to rain on my parade.) So, I'm looking forward to tonight especially since I have no idea how this whole thing works. I just hope the guys I like don't get voted off.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Dear fellow Amer Idol fan: No need to be ashamed. I LOVE that show & have watched for several seasons. And guess what...you too can cast your vote. It's free. I usually don't call in though until the last show. I agree with your male picks but add the dreds guy to it. I don't know which girl I like yet. Will let you know after they perform tonight.

The Clark Family said...

I haven't watched it yet this season but it is a really good show!

masont said...

This is our first American Idol experience as well. Mark and I missed the final 24 night because for some reason it didn't record. Talk about major trauma! I totally agree with your picks as well! Have to add Brooke White, the cute one that won't go to the Dark Side.