Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

We had a great time at Xander's Valentine's Day party. The kids made several different crafts - a ladybug mailbox for Valentine cards, a frame, and a card - plus they decorated cookies and had some food. I'm always so impressed by the great job the party moms do; next month I'm in charge of the Spring party so now the pressure is on!




Xander distributing his Valentine cards to his classmates' bags.

Doesn't Xander look absolutely thrilled to be there?

In the afternoon Xander helped me make Valentine cupcakes. He always wants to help in the kitchen and he's gotten really good at mixing and pouring. Hopefully I'll soon have him making dinner...wouldn't that be nice?



After dinner we all opened our Valentine cards. It was a nice, quiet evening spent together. (Note...we have been working on Xander keeping his eyes open for pictures. He's doing a better job though now we have to work on toning down the "psycho" eyes that are a result of his efforts.

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Xander is doing so well with keeping his eyes open! I did have to laugh at your psycho eyes comment but he really does look so cute. He looks like he had such a fun party, I love the mailbox he made. I am sure your party will be awesome, knowing you! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

This was a cute posting. Xander seems to be doing very well with his eyes "wide" open. They are just gorgeous blue!

The Clark Family said...

Sorry I stole your blog background that you were going to next but because I didn't know, it really doesn't count. And I love it, it is really cute, huh? But we can have the same, it doesn't matter!