Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Visit to Cincinnati








We all had a wonderful weekend visiting my parents in Cincinnati. They watched the kids overnight while David and I went to the game in Louisville and then we all got to be together until we left Monday morning. It was Conference weekend so we spent time on Saturday and Sunday listening to the wonderful words from our prophet and the apostles. There were so many wonderful talks and I am so excited to get the Conference issue of the Ensign so I can reread their inspirational words. I especially loved the talk Saturday morning (unfortunately I can not remember his last name correctly...I know it started with an F) of the General Authority who was from Mexico. He spoke of his father's great sacrifice to get them to the temple and how special an experience that was when they finally got there and were able to be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity. I also loved Elder Holland's talk affirming to all that we are Christians and the Savior is the foundation of all we believe. Others think that we aren't Christian due to our beliefs that are contrary to the 4th and 5th century doctrinal views of the Christian churches today. Our church truly holds the beliefs held by the original followers of Christ as found in the New Testament. Conference always inspires me to do better and leaves me with an even greater knowledge and appreciation for my Saviour. When we weren't watching Conference, the kids played dress-up, Heman, Barbies, made tents, painted, made cookies, and we all went to Berger(?) Farms, a place that had pumpkins, rides, mazes, etc. for Halloween. The kids loved it though it was incredibly HOT! Although it was an extremely short visit, we are so glad that we live close enough now that we can make these kinds of weekend trips to spend time with family.

4 comments:

Pamela Anderson said...

You're mother hasn't changed since they moved from CA. And I still hold firm that your baby is the spitting image of Bryan only way chubbier. Love the clown wig shot. I hope that paint was edible.

The Clark Family said...

I look at those pictures and am so sad we weren't there to enjoy the fun with you guys! But it looks like you had a great time, I love the clown wig picture and that paint picture, just like Pam! I miss you guys, can't wait to see you in a few months!

Jared and Kelly said...

Um...does ditto ditto ditto of the above comments suffice?

Sal Gal said...

That clown picture is PRICELESS!