Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Xander the Protector

Tonight at dinner I was asking Savannah a bunch of questions about her friends at school. She was telling me all these different stories about the things they do and talk about, etc., etc. Anyway, I asked her if there were any kids in her class that were mean to her. She mentioned this one boy who evidently has been kicking her. That brought on a whole bunch of questions from me such as had she told her teacher, when was the last time he had kicked her, what did she say to him, etc. Obviously I was very concerned about this...and so was Xander. After I finished questioning her, I took a bite of my dinner. Xander spoke up, saying, "Vannie, I go with you." I turned to him and asked, "Are you going with Savannah to protect her?" And Xander replied, "Yes, I be mean to that boy." I was so proud of Xander for wanting to stick up for his sister and that he felt protective of her. Xander is quite the little man!

4 comments:

Jared and Kelly said...

Okay, am I the lamest or what? I totally broke down crying when I read that story. Jared told me that I had to read it - that you had posted a really cute story. It was the absolute best, and I have no idea why my heart almost burst when I read it. I just think that you have the cutest kids, and it's so cool that they love each other like that. Thanks for posting!

The Clark Family said...

That is such a cute story! Kelly is so melodramtic about your kids. Just kidding, Kell! But I do love that story, Xander is the Man!

The Clark Family said...

I've been having spelling issues, sorry. Melodramatic.

The Clark Family said...

Is that even right?