Monday, March 3, 2008

FHE

Our Family Home Evening lesson last night was on the Word of Wisdom. Xander was not too interested during the lesson and reading portion but when we headed over to the table to look at all the different foods, he eagerly joined us. I had put different foods on the table and the kids and I sorted them into healthy foods and unhealthy foods. Xander's idea of healthy foods included chocolate syrup, Cheetos, fruit snacks, and candy; Savannah, on the other hand, was very good in recognizing what was good for the body. And of course they both wanted to eat the food (the unhealthy food) when the sorting was done. We ended our lesson with the kids drawing pictures of their favorite healthy foods. Savannah was the first to present her picture which included an apple, water, and crackers. Xander stood up to present his picture and said, "I like to play Star Wars and wrestle with Daddy." Ummmmm, a little off topic but what do you do? Yes, Family Home Evening is always interesting when you have small children.


3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I can't even believe it. We also had fhe on the word of wisdom last week. However, we did a short lesson and had treats. Yours is such a better idea! How come I can not come up with things like that? I am going to have to steal it. We are actually going to go to the park tonight to practice the physical activity part of the word of wisdom but that is about as creative as I get! And I love Xander's thoughts on healthy foods, tell him I am right there with him on that!

The Clark Family said...

Ok, I know there is not really a physical activity part of the word of wisdom but to show how we need to take care of our bodies through eating right and exercising, etc! Had to put that in because I know people reading the comment will be like what is she talking about?

jenn and flay said...

You are such a great mom! We did the same topic this week and when Andrew saw the picture of the wine bottle he said, "Soda is Yum!". It took a lot of convincing that it wasn't soda, and I still don't think he believes us. I miss you guys, your kids are looking to big!