Sunday, March 16, 2008

Goodbye, Hair

Savannah has been growing her hair long for the past few years. She wanted long princess hair and always said she wanted her hair to her bum. But a few weeks ago she mentioned that she wanted to cut it short...really short. She was due for a trim so I made the appointment thinking that she would probably change her mind as we got closer to hair cutting time. She did NOT change her mind, though. On Saturday Savannah had 10 inches of hair cut off which she decided to donate to Locks of Love. When the first pony tail of hair was cut, my stomach did a flip-flop and I wanted to cry. What a stupid feeling to have over hair! Savannah is such a cutie with long or short hair and the important thing is she absolutely LOVES her new hair cut. She keeps looking in the mirror and shaking her head so she can feel her short hair hit her chin. I think Savannah was just tired of how long it took each day to brush out her hair and dry it.

Here is the before shot.

Cutting time!



Such a cute girl!

Saturday night I took Savannah and Xander to see "The Spiderwick Chronicles". It was a really fun, imaginative movie but it was a tad scary, especially for Xander. He had a little bag of popcorn that he kept putting in front of his face whenever the ogre and goblins were chasing the kids. There were a few times when I thought I should probably just take the kids home (I'm pretty strict on what my kids get to watch) but we did end up staying for the whole movie. The kids both said that they loved it and wanted to watch it again. I asked Xander, "Weren't you scared?" His reply: "I was just a little scared." Yeah, right.

3 comments:

jenn and flay said...

Wow! She looks so beautiful. The short hair really makes you see what a lovely face she has and how big her brown eyes are.

Pamela Anderson said...

Serra did that last summer and she loves it too because she can actually get a brush through it herself. It's great for summer but I do miss her long pretty hair. Savannah looks very cute.

Principal Sal said...

Ohhh she looks so cute! I donated my hair too! I honestly have not missed it. My girls keep wanting to cut their hair....I guess I should let them, but for some reason, I just can't let them part with it.