Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Game Time!

It's March Madness Time, Baby, and we LOVE it!!!! This is such a fun time of the year for our family as we fill out our brackets and dive into the emotional basketball frenzy that defines March Madness. For the next few days and the subsequent two weekends, David and I will be hanging out in front of the TV, enjoying last second shots, upsets, Cinderella stories, and just downright great college basketball. In the Schaeffer family we have our own family tournament which most of us participate in. My dad heads up the committee and my sister Heidi is there to make sure that my soft-hearted dad enforces the rules. One year Heidi even disqualified her husband Ryan! She sure is tough...but it's all part of the fun. We do two brackets - one "all-the-way" where we fill in the whole bracket and the second is a "round-by-round". We have had a lot of fun over the years, tallying points and setting records (one year I had every Sweet Sixteen team correct and last year my dad got all Final Four teams right). I'm hoping to improve over my last year's performance when I pretty much sucked it up. It's game time and I'm off to watch!

1 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Your blog is so much more exciting than mine! It makes you feel the tension in the air! I did mine before reading yours, I should have read yours first. I think I am taking your place from last year, the first day I did horrible!