Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Dr. Seuss is a favorite author of ours so we decided to honor his birthday yesterday by doing some fun Dr. Seuss activities. We started our evening off with some green eggs and ham for dinner which the kids really enjoy eating. Personally, I just can't get pass the green color and refuse to eat them in a house or with a mouse. On a train or in the rain isn't going to get me to take a bite either. I do not like green eggs and ham!


We then read a bunch of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. The kids are showing off their favorite ones in this picture. I think I have "The Cat in the Hat" memorized, I've read it so many times to Xander. "Green Eggs and Ham" became one of Savannah's favorites after she successfully read it on her own. And of course I had to read one of my favorites as well, "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" Definitely a sore throat for me after all of that reading but it was well worth it...his books are so much fun!

After reading we headed over to the table to make one last craft - our own Cat in the Hat face. Xander wasn't too interested but Savannah and I had fun. Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


Me and my cute boys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! You have such a nack for keeping those kids entertained with wholesome activities! I hope I can do this well when Dan and I have kids!!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you come up with so many things to do with your kids, but anyway your talent is amazing and the activities are fun to read about!

Sal Gal said...

What a gourmet cook you are. Do you have Kohls out there? They have the cutest Dr. Seuss animals and the books for $5.00 each. The Horton is my favorite.