Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fool's

I was hoping that David's phone call about the crack in his windshield that he received on his drive home from New York yesterday was his idea of a great April Fool's Day joke...but, ha-ha...the joke's on me...it really happened! Dang it! So, the only funny thing that happened in our family yesterday was the kids' dinner. I asked them if they wanted hamburgers and mashed potatoes for dinner which they said would be great. Ha-ha! I gave them vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and little "burgers" made out of candy and cookies instead. After Savannah's first bite of the "mashed potatoes" she said, "These sure taste like ice cream." We had to basically force Xander to try his potatoes; I guess they didn't look that appetizing to him. Anyway, the joke didn't go over that well. I think I have two of the only kids in America who when they received candy, cookies, and ice cream for dinner wanted the leftover lasagna instead.

Xander looked excited until he had to eat it...and then he wasn't so happy.

I thought it was a great idea...thank goodness it only took me about 2 minutes to put together since the kids only ate about 3 bites between them.

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Okay, you really are the most creative person in the world. That is such a cute idea. Where do you come up with these things?!

jenn and flay said...

You are such a good mom! I am totally impressed with the creativity. The best part is that they wouldn't eat it. At least it was easy to make!

Jared and Kelly said...

So sorry to hear about David's windshield... so it does happen outside of Utah as well? :) So, don't be surprised if Jared and I have kids and in a few years my April Fool's blog is a replication of yours! Though my kids will probably eat it.

shayla said...

Hi Tracie....thought I'd come see what your cute fam has been up to! What a fun, cute and creative, outside-the-box mom you are! I'm adding your link to my blog if that's okay.