Sunday, April 20, 2008

Noah turns 1!

One Year Ago - We arrived at the hospital at 6:00am on Tuesday, April 17, 2007. Although this was my third baby delivered c-section, I was still a little nervous. I had no reason to be...Noah's delivery was wonderful and my recovery was speedy. Yes, call me crazy but I do love my c-sections...for me it's the only way to have a baby. Noah weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz., just 1 ounce more than Xander had weighed.

Our sweet little Noah Calvin Pierce. We chose the name Noah from a character in one of my favorite movies, "The Notebook". We named him Calvin, after my mom's dad.

We had found out the sex of both Savannah and Xander before they were born. I was doing ultrasounds at the time of both my pregnancies so it was really easy to get on and find out what they were quite early. Since we had a girl and a boy, we decided to do things the old fashioned way this time and find out in the delivery room. It was so hard to wait and not know, especially when I had my medical ultrasound. I had to turn my head during most of the scan so that I wouldn't get a sneak peek of what gender the baby was. Right before the doctors pulled Noah out, the anesthesiologist positioned a mirror by my belly so I could see the actual delivery. I had never done that before but it was great this time because as soon as they pulled him out I was able to say, "It's a boy!" right along with the doctors.

We spent 4 1/2 wonderful days in the hospital (other than the fighting couple in the room next to me). I have always loved staying at the hospital and they literally have to kick me out to get me to leave.

I never have David stay the night at the hospital but he was there most of each day. He spent his time there holding our little Noah.

Noah has been an absolute dream baby from the start. He is so sweet and happy. I can't believe that he is already turning one!!! Where did the year go?

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

What a precious little baby boy. I love those pics. Christy did the same thing on her blog with Brock. I think I am going to have to steal it when Ashlyn turns 1!

Unknown said...

geez you even look good in the hospital!
i didn't know The Notebook is why his name is Noah, I love it from that movie too. oh tracie.

Sommer said...

Wow, he was a big baby! Such sweet dear little guy!