Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Yes, I am a horrible mother. I was asked about a month ago to be in charge of the refreshments for the Stake Enrichment Activity. I accepted before I remembered that the activity was being held on Noah's first birthday. What can I say? We had never celebrated Noah's birthday before so it just didn't register when she gave me the date. Anyway, we ended up celebrating Noah's first birthday the day after his actual birthday. Thank goodness he's only one; it makes no difference to him when we celebrate but I still felt bad.
We started off by opening some presents. He really wasn't that interested in doing it...Xander and Savannah did most of the unwrapping. Noah just played with this one toy that our neighbors gave him and pretty much ignored everything else.


We then moved the party to the kitchen for the traditional "digging into the cake by the one-year-old" routine. Noah did not disappoint. He refused to wear his party hat, though.


He started off slow...

...but once he got a taste of the chocolate it was all over.

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this 'chocolate' clean from my hand(s)?"

The ice cream was a hit as well.

Off for a thorough scrubbing in the tub!

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I am so glad that you posted what the neighbors got him because I haven't sent my gift yet and that saves you from having to take it back because that is what I got him! I will go grab him something else. What a cute boy. Happy birthday Noah, we love you!

masonmd said...

Happy Birthday Noah! We love you.

Sommer said...

I love Noah so much, he is seriously one of the happiest, sweetest, cutest little babies I have ever known. Me and Ben got a kick out of the cupcake pictures, I'm glad he didn't dissapoint =)