Monday, October 20, 2008

18 Months!

Okay, I know I'm prejudice but I have one of the cutest little guys in the whole world and it's hard for me to believe that on Friday he turned 18 months! Noah is our caboose, the last child, and so I have tried to relish every baby minute that I can. Just a few weeks ago David decided it was time to put the high chair in storage and move Noah to the table in a booster seat. Here is Noah, sitting proudly at the table...one of the few rare moments that he has actually remained in his seat eating. Mealtimes have become Noah's favorite time of the day...sit in the seat for about 2 minutes to prove he is a big boy and then jump down and race around the table, grabbing food off everyone else's plate, throwing his food everywhere, and basically just causing a ruckus.

By this past Saturday I had had enough of that and the high chair returned. Thank goodness Noah had no problem returning to it (I had envisioned massive temper tantrums as we tried to put him back in it) and his eating has returned to normal. He will still, on occasion, throw some food on the floor but I don't mind that...the sanity of mealtime is back to a somewhat normal level. And Noah is just like the other kids - he is an excellent eater! Some of his favorites are dried mangoes, macaroni and cheese, saltine crackers, hot dogs, and suckers. Noah definitely keeps us on our toes.
Noah is not much of a talker yet; the few words he can say are: Ma-Ma (and this is said in a high, shrieking voice that grates on my nerves), ball, Da-Da, bye-bye, no-no (and he shakes his finger back and forth with this one), kaker (translation: cracker), and Men! at the end of a prayer. He's my little ball player; he loves to throw and kick any ball. We haven't been able to figure out if he's right or left-handed because he uses both. His eyes have been changing color and I think they're going to be hazel, just like David's. Noah always wants to feel like he's a big kid...he follows Savannah and Xander around and loves to play with them and with their toys. Here he is on Xander's scooter...doesn't he just have the best smile?


Noah is a pretty happy little guy but when he doesn't get what he wants, watch out! Last week he threw a temper tantrum complete with hands punching and feet kicking the floor. It was something to behold. But those moments are pretty rare. He LOVES music and tries to sing along to songs. He has a dance to his step and when music plays, he is quite the dancer. He has this great elbow and arm movement that he has incorporated into his dance routines. And musical greeting cards are his favorite. He will keep opening and reopening a card for long periods of time until we are all sick of the song. He also does what we call "the Curly". Think of Curly from The Three Stooges and how he would do that crazy running/dancing move in place and that's what Noah does. Another favorite of his is the bath. Throughout bath time he will run from the tub to the shower and back and forth and back and forth (Xander will be in one and Savannah will be in the other) leaving bubbles in his wake.

We are so glad that Noah is a part of our family!

6 comments:

Jeanne Lawyer said...

I have to admit he is one of the most pleasant kids I have ever known. He is pretty cute too. I absolutely love his little dance walk thing he does ( sorry, I don't know what else to call it). He is one funny kid.

Sommer said...

Tracie I have to agree with you, he is one of the cutest little boys ever, I have such a soft spot in my heart for him for some reason. his smile is to die for, all of those pictures are wonderful and so frame worthy!

Lenae said...

I didn't get a chance to ask you, did you get to leave him in nursery?

HeavenlyHome said...

What a sweetie! And I know you're pain....we found a booster seat with a seatbelt! Amen!
How fun to spy on everyone by blogging!

mom2beachbums said...

Tracie, wow he's 18 months?! I remember looking forward to being at church so I could get a peak at his newborn cuteness. May you enjoy your sweet caboose.

Jared and Kelly said...

Too cute, Tracie! You are so lucky to have such darling and beautiful kids. But could you take some video of little Noah's little dance and post it? For some reason I'm having a hard time picturing it. Guess I should brush up on my Three Stooges!