Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday #35!

This was not a birthday I was looking forward to. I don't know why I was so grumpy about turning 35 but I just was. I really didn't want anyone bringing it up but of course my family and friends didn't let me forget it was my birthday. I received phone calls and gifts from family and friends that really touched my heart and made my 35th birthday one of my best ever. One of the best gifts I received the day of my birthday was a phone call from my brother Bryan who is in Mexico attending Graduate School. It was such a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed so much hearing his voice. The night of my birthday I attended my monthly scrapbook class, which is always so much fun, so the kids, David, and I actually celebrated my birthday the day after. David always takes such great care of me and this year was no exception. I got a great new purse, a new shirt, some Gone With the Wind checks, and a new dress for one of my Gone With the Wind dolls. After the kids were in bed David and I had banana splits because I don't really like cake. Thanks to all who made my 35th a special one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tracie, and don't worry, you look and act so nice and young!! I am a purse fan myself, so your new purse is awesome!! I love it when they are big enough to fit everything except the bathroom in!!

The Clark Family said...

I love your new purse, David did a great job. I can't believe we are sisters....you don't like cake!

shayla said...

Happy 35th! We are getting so old! But the kids always make me feel young, so no worries--we can just ignore the crows feet for now...although you probably don't even have any!