Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beautiful Fall


Fall just might be my favorite season of the year. Growing up in Southern California, I never really got to experience the changing of the seasons. Right now the East is alive with color; I love driving everywhere, looking at all the beautiful leaves, trees, and bushes. Some of the other great things I enjoy about fall are the cooler weather, sweaters, making comfort food, sipping hot cocoa with LOTS of whipped cream, and of course watching football and basketball.

And of course there's Halloween! Halloween is one of our favorite holidays and we so enjoy decorating the house and yard as well as choosing which costume we're going to wear on the big night.

The kids helped me decorate the house this year and Savannah was able to find her favorite Halloween decoration, Mr. Mad Pumpkin.


For Family Home Evening Activity on Monday night the kids decorated brownies with Halloween motifs. Although the frosting didn't harden like it was supposed to, the kids still enjoyed painting them.

Every October 13 I give the kids a Halloween goodie bag. I'll post a Halloween pajama picture of the kids when I get one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys really go all out for halloween. We are kinda boring on this holiday, although I did decorate a little, I think that we will find Halloween more fun when we have kids to dress up and take around!!

Sommer said...

Tracie you will never know how much I look up to you and how cool I think you are. I know I'm a dork but I really admire you. I love your family so much and I love how dedicated you are to your kids in a very cool way =) How fun would it be to be in your family!

Principal Sal said...

Love the decor!!
One question....why the 13th of October????

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.