Monday, October 13, 2008

My Friendly Ghosts

So, I got a few comments on my Gettysburg blog regarding the circles that showed up on some of the pictures I took when David and I went on the Ghost Tour. Several people referred to these as "orbs" though I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently these circles or "orbs" are talked about on the popular TV show "Ghosthunters" which I have never seen, therefore my ignorance. According to these guys who frequent haunted spots, an orb is supposedly how the camera picks up ghosts. Cool, right? Except for the fact that, since that time, in several of the pictures that I've taken here at home, those same spheres of light have shown up. The following pictures show what I'm talking about.



I guess while I was on the Ghost Tour in Gettysburg, some ghosts, maybe Civil War soldiers from Baltimore?, decided to hitch a ride home with us. They hang out in the Family Room since that is the only place they show up on my pictures. The good thing is that they are friendly ghosts...we haven't been experiencing anything weird like hair-pulling or objects moving. I can now officially say that I live in a haunted house!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered if those orbs are true, or if the lense was dirty, or there was a reflection. Something interesting is that in all the pics we have of my mom right before she died and some of the pics after during the funeral/viewing, there were also some orbs... maybe they are good spirits!!

The Clark Family said...

Totally freaky, I am not coming to visit you! JK. Can't wait to see you!!!

shayla said...

That's too funny!!! We had a ghost living in our house when we first moved in---totally serious! I think the orb thing is really true!

Sommer said...

I love the Ghost Hunters! That's crazy about the orb thing, maybe you could be on Ghost Hunters and get it checked out... lol=)